I went to a Macmillan Coffee Morning today and these skinny pumpkin spice cupcakes were my contribution.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Lemon Icing
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- For the cupcakes: 170 g butter, 130 g caster sugar, 170 g self-raising flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons milk
- Pumpkin spice: 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger and turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, allspice and ground cloves
- For the icing: full fat cream cheese (about 300g), 2 tablespoons butter, 60 g icing sugar, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract, zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C/ gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin/cupcake cases.
- Combine the flour and baking powder with the spices and stir well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth and pale. Gradually and slowly add the eggs, then the flour mixture and the milk. Continue using the electric mixer only until the ingredients are mixed together well. Spoon the batter evenly into the cupcake cases and bake for 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing combine the icing ingredients and stir together thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.