slow cooker beef chili
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 pound ground grass-fed beef
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1 14-ounce can petit diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili
- Optional Garnishes: cilantro, diced avocado and/or minced red onion
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef, and cook, stirring often and breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon until the beef is browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to the insert of a large slow cooker.
- Stir in bell peppers, onion, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic, cumin, salt, cinnamon and chipotle.
- Cover and set slow cooker on high for 6 hours.
- Serve topped with garnishes.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved