Delicious does not have to be difficult! This Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup tastes like the real deal, but requires half the effort. Creamy, delicious, satisfying and filled with texture, this will be a great addition to your dinner rotation!
Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 8-oz. container mushrooms, rinsed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- Two 10.5-oz. cans cream of potato soup
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (suggestion: pull meat from a Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pint half and half
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for topping
- In a 6.5-quart slow cooker, combine the wild rice, onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, chicken broth, cream of potato soup and seasoned salt. Mix well and cook on Low heat for 8 hours or High heat for 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before cooking time is up, add shredded chicken and half & half. Mix well and cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parsley!
Around The Globe