Smoked Turkey Quiche
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1 1/4 cups diced, cooked, smoked turkey breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 -1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of ground red pepper
Bake the unpricked pastry shell in a 450 degree F oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until it just begins to puff. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook turkey and onion in butter over medium-high heat until onion is tender, but not brown. Sprinkle cheese over bottom of prebaked shell. Spoon turkey mixture over cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, the cream, the mustard, the salt and the red pepper. Pour over the cheese-turkey mixture.
- Bake in the 375 degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved