- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 8 oz linguine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise to make 6 breast pieces
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, or cooking wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 sliced green onions, include white and green, set aside 1 TBSP for garnish
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
vegetable oil for grill grate
- Preheat the grill or stove top grill pan. Lightly brush grate with oil.
Grill chicken breasts until cooked thru, about 4 minutes on each side, and meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Remove from grill, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Begin cooking pasta according to directions on the package. Set aside.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 TBSP butter. Add the garlic and green onions and cook until the onions are softened and garlic is fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine, broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, tomato paste and smoked paprika to the skillet. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir the cream into the sauce mixture and cook until heated thru. Remove skillet from the heat.
- Arrange pasta and grilled chicken on a plate and drizzle sauce over both chicken and pasta. Garnish with reserved green onion slices and serve warm.