Spicy edamame dip is a super quick and easy appetizer with bright, fresh flavors and a hint of heat. It’s perfect for serving with crackers and veggies!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 (14 oz.) bag frozen edamame, cooked and cooled (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Juice of 1 lemon (or lime)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (see notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (see notes)
- Cook the edamame according to the package directions. Let cool slightly.
- Add the edamame and the remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Cover and mix until the mixture is smooth and well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash or two of water to get it to a good consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s great with crackers, pita chips or pita bread and fresh veggies.