Crispy fried chicken is a crowd-pleasing hit as a spicy appetizer for your weekend. To begin with, coat the chicken with potato starch. Make the fried chicken sauce by mixing red pepper paste with honey and other ingredients. see below
Spicy Fried Chicken
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb chicken wings drummettes and wingettes
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- Oil for deep-frying
- White sesame for garnishing
- 2-3 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Season the chicken with some salt and black pepper, then coat well with the potato starch. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for Dressing together, stir to mix well.
- Heat up a Dutch oven, deep skillet or pan with 3 inches of oil. Heat the oil to 375F. Coat the wings again and shake off the excess potato starch.
- Drop the wings gently into the oil and deep-fry until light brown or when they are cooked and become crispy. Remove the wings from the oil and drained on paper towels.
- Combine the Dressing and the wings, toss to coat well. Garnish with the sesame and serve immediately.
Around The Globe