This recipe is part of our collection of kemmy recipes. Sign up for our newsletter to get recipes, dining tips and restaurant reviews throughout the year!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-inch cake pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Identify a wide pot or wok that can accommodate the pan and a rack that can fit in the pot and hold the pan above water level. Add water to about 1/2-inch below rack. Cover the pot and heat the water while you mix the cake batter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs for one minute and add sugar slowly. Beat until the mixture thickens, about five minutes.
- Gradually whisk flour mixture into the eggs. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Set pan on rack and cover pot. Turn heat to medium and steam until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.