This flavoursome steamed fish dish is a perfect mid-week meal, taking only 20 minutes to prepare.
Steamed fish with spicy tomato and broad bean salad
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 150g skinless firm white fish fillets (see note)
- 350g frozen broad beans
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place a bamboo steamer over a wok or large saucepan of simmering water (make sure steamer does not touch water). Line base of steamer with baking paper.
- Combine half the chives and half the rind in a small bowl. Place fish in steamer and sprinkle with chive mixture. Steam, covered, for 6–8 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broad beans and sugar snaps, separately, until just tender. Drain.
- Refresh under cold water. Drain. Peel broad beans and discard skins. Thickly slice sugar snaps.
- Combine beans, sugar snaps, tomatoes, lentils, parsley, chilli, oil and remaining chives and rind in a large bowl.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle fish with juice and serve with salad.
Around The Globe