Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
- Sliced bananas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In Small Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 1 1/2-2 minutes or until melted, stirring after each 30-second interval; set aside to cool slightly. Finely chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pecans, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well and set aside. Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to butter; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture; fold together using Classic Scraper just until combined (do not overmix). Using Large Scoop, place one level scoop of batter into each well of pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges of cakes are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes in pan. Carefully invert cakes onto Stackable Cooling Rack.
- If desired, arrange five banana slices in a circle in center of each serving plate. Drizzle plate with Homemade Caramel Sauce. Top with one cake. Decorate with Caramel Drizzle Designs, if desired. Serve warm.
Around The Globe