sticky chicken drumsticks with rice
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Fountain Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coles Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Capilano Squeeze Honey
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled ginger, finely chopped
- 1.2kg Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 bunch bok choy, quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups (400g) Coles Long Grain White Rice
- Position racks in middle and bottom third of oven and preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large heavy rimmed baking tray with foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Reserve 1/4 cup (60ml) sauce mixture at room temperature for serving. Coat the chicken in the remaining sauce.
- Place the chicken on the prepared tray and transfer tray to the middle oven rack. Bake, turning occasionally, for 35 mins or until chicken is caramelised and cooked through.
- During the last 15 mins of cooking the chicken, toss the bok choy with oil on a separate baking tray and sprinkle with salt. Cook on the bottom oven rack, turning occasionally, for 15 mins or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into pieces.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice in cold water and drain well. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring rice, 3 cups (750ml) water and 1 tsp salt almost to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently over low heat, without stirring, for 15 mins or until the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and let stand, covered, for 5 mins before serving.
- Brush the reserved sauce mixture over the chicken.
Divide the steamed rice, bok choy and chicken among 4 serving plates to serve.
Around The Globe