Strawberry Caprese Panzanella Salad
1 French baguette, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces ciligine, drained
- 1 cup cooked orzo
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 shallot, finely diced
- garlic clove, minced
- tablespoons light brown sugar
- cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- micro greens or pea shoots
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place crouton ingredients into a large mixing bowl and gently toss together.
- Drizzle oil over bread mixture and season with salt and pepper. Toss together until fully combined.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet, in single layer (you may need two baking sheets) and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. (It’s okay if the croutons are still slightly soft when you pull them from the oven, they’ll crisp up eve more once cooled).
- Set aside and allow croutons to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl combine croutons, mozzarella, strawberries, orzo, and cucumber and toss together. Set aside.
- For the vinaigrette: Place shallot, garlic, brown sugar, and balsamic in a small bowl and whisk together. While whisking add oil, in a slow and steady drizzle, until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, pour vinaigrette over salad and toss together until well coated.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
© Copyright 20 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved