Strawberry Ricotta Crepe Pancakes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup semi-skimmed milk
- Olive oil for frying
- 400 g frozen strawberries
- 250 g ricotta
- 1.5 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, chopped up, for garnish (optional)
- To make the pancakes combine the flour, egg and milk and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Lightly grease and heat up a large pancake pan and ladle the batter onto it (tip the pan in a circular motion so the batter spreads evenly covering the entire surface of the pan and producing a thin pancake). Fry over a low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until the pancake is lightly browned. Stack up the pancakes on a large plate.
- To make the filling combine the strawberries with the sugar and cook over a medium heat until the strawberries have thawed and a syrup has formed (about 5 minutes). Remove from the heat, add the ricotta and vanilla extract and puree. Add fresh strawberry pieces (optional) and serve.