- Cook Time: 45min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 packages of ladyfingers (about 36)
- 1 1/2 quarts strawberries, hulled and sliced
- edible flower petals, optional
- Place water, sugar, and honey in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside. Allow honey simple syrup to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together mascarpone and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl beat together heavy cream and vanilla until medium peaks form
- Fold whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour honey simple syrup into a shallow dish and dip ladyfingers, turning once to coat for a few seconds so that they can absorb some of the liquid. Line the ladyfingers in a single layer, in the bottom of the 8”x 8” baking dish
- Top ladyfingers with half of the mascarpone mixture and smooth the surface with an offset spatula or with the back of a spoon. Place a layer of sliced strawberries over the mascarpone mixture, reserving the remaining strawberries for the top.
- Repeat step #4, but over the first layer and top with the remaining mascarpone mixture and smooth the top over.
- With the remaining strawberries, working from the center-out, angle the strawberries slices, continuing around the dish until you have a flower-like pattern. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- Top with a sprinkle of edible flowers, slice and serve.
Around The Globe