Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves (500g)
- 1/4 cup (56g) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (56g) oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) mozzarella cheese
- baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Makes about 3-4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat mallet until they are about ¼-½ inch (0.6-1 cm) thickness.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with garlic powder, chives, salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast.
- Top with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and spinach leaves. Add more salt and pepper and roll up the breasts securing with toothpicks.
- Heat the olive oil in a oven proof skillet and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven and bake chicken for an additional 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Around The Globe