- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 cups white sugar, divided
- Heat 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar over medium high heat in a medium saucepan. The water will be very shallow. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Make sure the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Once simmering, remove from the heat and stir in the cranberries. Stir to coat the cranberries completely in the water.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cranberries to the baking sheet and allow to dry for a minimum of 30 minutes. Lay the cranberries as flat (single layer) as possible.
- After 30 minutes to an hour, pour the remaining sugar over the cranberries, using a wooded spoon, stir the cranberries to coat completely.
- Let the cranberries dry on the counter for another hour. When the sugar is dried on the cranberries, they’re done!
© Copyright 20 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved