Use SWEET RIPE orange, not bland orange
– Don’t use orange with seeds
– Don’t use orange with thick skin
– Don’t blend the ingredients too long, just enough for the orange to be blended through
DON’T MAKE IT: –
If using this very simple method and you’re looking for a cake with similar texture like Victoria sponge cake or similar
– If you don’t like the natural bitterness of freshly squeezed orange juice
– It’s a simple recipe that only requires one additional task, whisking, and the result is guaranteed delicious with soft texture cake
– Only change 3 clementine zest to 2 orange zest for the cake
– If you want to go a bit further, make the sticky sauce also (you’ll not regret it).
Replace clementine zest and juice with orange zest and juice.
Super Easy Orange Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 seedless orange with skin
- 3 large eggs
- 70 ml vegetable oil
- 100 gr granulated sugar
- 250 gr self raising flour
- Blend together the orange, eggs, oil and sugar.
- Put the blended mixture in a bowl and slowly incorporate the flour without over mixing.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) pan, previously greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 40 minutes or until fully cooked.