This SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE TORTELLONI SOUP is such an easy and delicious soup to throw together on busy days and it’s loaded with flavor.
Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni Soup
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box (32 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) package BUITONI Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni
- 13 ounces (2 links) cooked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices (if you’d like to brown the turkey sausage extra ahead of time that is okay too!)
- 12 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter over medium/high heat in a large dutch oven or stock pot. Add in the diced onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds until the garlic and onion are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, stirring to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat to low, stirring in the tortelloni.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set to simmer and cook tortelloni according to package directions, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage, spinach, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine and allow to simmer until the spinach is wilted to your liking.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve.