This sweet potato hash skillet is a play on the traditional egg and potato breakfast. The hash is full of flavor and makes for the perfect, hearty breakfast.
Sweet Potato Hash Egg Skillet
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Toasted Pepitas
- Red pepper flakes
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into ¼” cubes.
- Slice the onion and mince the garlic, set aside. Heat an 8” or 10” skillet over medium-low.
- Add the olive oil followed by the onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and cook until browning and tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- If need be, drizzle 2 tablespoons of water into the pan and cover, helping steam the sweet potatoes slightly.
- Stir in the spices and salt, cook for a minute more.
- Make two wells in the sweet potatoes.
- Crack the eggs into the wells, cover, reduce the heat to low, and let cook until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks have reached your desired consistency; 10 to 12 minutes for over-easy.
- Serve the egg skillet with a sprinkle of microgreens, toasted pepitas, and red pepper flakes.
Around The Globe