I have applied the butter on one side to make it lighter you can apply on both sides. Just keep in mind to cook it on low heat and adding a little more oil or butter.
Toasted Bread with Gram Flour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Sliced Bread – 6 nos
- Besan or Gram Flour – 100 gms
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 2 tsp
- Capsicum – 4-5 Tbsp (Chopped)
- Onion – 1 (Large – finely chopped)
- Carrot – 2 Tbsp (Finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 Tbsp (Chopped – discard the seed and watery part)
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – A handful (Finely chopped)
- Carom Seeds or Ajwain – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds or Jeera – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – As required for shallow frying
- Butter – As required
- Take a big bowl and mix in all dry ingredients. Add a little water to make a thick batter.
- Next add all the chopped vegetables, coriander, 1 tsp oil and salt.
- Heat a tava and drizzle 1 tsp oil.
- Take a piece of bread and apply the batter on one side.
- Now place the toast on batter side down. Keep the fire on low.
- Apply some butter on the other side and flip the toast. Cook till the other side becomes brown and crisp.
- Flip again and press a little with the spatula till it turns a little crisp and brown spot appears on that side too.
- Remove from pan and serve hot with tomato sauce.
Around The Globe