- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste, cumin and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until rice is coated.
- Add stock and carrot. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add peas. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Stir in coriander. Sprinkle with chilli.
Stand, covered, for 2 minutes or until rice and peas are tender.
Around The Globe