Do you have those recipes you could practically make in your sleep? Well, if not then don’t worry because I’ve got one for you!
This Turkey Egg Breakfast Casserole is pretty much on an every other week rotation in our family and I can assure you there have been many mornings I’ve had one eye open while dozing with the other as I prepared this dish. And here’s the punchline for the win: it’s healthy, I mean really healthy.
Did I mention it’s also easy to prepare? Well, it is so if I’ve sold you on making this dish for breakfast tomorrow then keep reading for the recipe…
Turkey & Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil + more for coating the pan
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 small Sweet Potato (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
- Additional Toppings: Tomatoes (Diced Onions, Bell Peppers, Cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with Coconut Oil as well as heat the 1 tablespoon in a medium sized skillet set to medium-high heat. Once the oil has melted add in the Ground Turkey and season with the Chili Powder, and Salt and Pepper. Continue to cook the meat until it begins to brown.
- While the turkey is cooking peel and slice your Sweet Potato. Make sure your slices are fairly thin because if they’re too thick they won’t be as tender. Line the bottom of the greased baking dish with the sliced potatoes. In a medium bowl beat the Eggs with a whisk and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the potatoes with the turkey and then pour the eggs on top. Layer the Spinach on top of the eggs as well as any additional toppings you’d like to add.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges of the egg begin to brown and the casserole is firm throughout. Check the dish with about 5 minutes to go to see if you need to add any time.