Vegan Gluten-Free Vanilla Wafers
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp aquafaba
- 1 Tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk or beat coconut oil until light and fluffy in texture, similar to how you could cream butter – about 30 seconds. Then add sugar and vanilla and whisk/beat for 1 minute more.
Add chickpea brine and whisk vigorously or beat for 30 seconds. Then add almond milk and mix once more.
- Add salt, almond flour, and cornstarch and whisk/beat to combine. Lastly, add gluten-free flour blend and stir with a wooden spoon until a loose batter is formed. It should look like cookie batter but slightly softer. If too thin, add a mix of more almond flour and gluten-free blend until a dough consistency is reached. If too thick, add a splash of almond milk.
Chill batter for 15 minutes (uncovered) while preheating oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Once chilled, roll out into a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle between two pieces of wax paper and use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out cookie shapes. Reform dough as needed until it’s all used up.
- Gently transfer cookies to your parchment-lined baking sheet. They won’t spread while cooking, so they can go pretty close together. However, you may need to bake these in two batches depending on the size of your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and dry on the top. For crunchier cookies, bake longer. Just be careful not to burn. For more tender cookies, bake less.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan. Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature up to 5 days or well-sealed in the freezer up to 1 month
© Copyright 15 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved