Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (200g) White Sugar
- 1 cup (250g) Smooth Salted Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (188g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 6oz (170g) Vegan Chocolate Chips/Chunks*
- Add the vegan butter and white sugar to an electric mixer and cream them together. Then add in the peanut butter and vanilla and mix together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then add in to the wet ingredients and mix in with a spoon (don’t use the electric mixer for this part) until you reach a thick crumbly dough. If at this stage you are able to mix it into a cookie dough, so what you have is a proper cookie dough instead of a crumbly dough, then you may not need to add any soy milk, but if you have crumbly dough, then you need the soy milk. This usually depends on the moisture content of your brand of vegan butter and/or peanut butter.
- Add in the soy milk, only as much as needed to get to a thick cookie dough (as pictured) that is able to roll into balls.
- Add in your chocolate chips or chunks and mix in.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll into big balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Aim for around 20 cookies from your batch, a couple more or less is fine.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. The middles will still be very soft, this is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool and firm up on the baking sheet before moving them.
Around The Globe