Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (125g) Smooth Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cups (94g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (96g) Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add the vegan butter and white and brown sugar to an electric mixer bowl and cream them together. Do this very well, let it run a couple of minutes while you get some other ingredients ready. Add in the peanut butter and vanilla extract while the mixer is running and let them mix in well.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a bowl and mix in together. Then add all the dry ingredients in with the vegan butter, sugar and peanut butter mixture. Mix together with a spoon (don’t use the electric mixer for this part).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Your cookie dough should be fairly wet, a little too wet to roll into balls with your hands. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out even sized amount of dough onto a parchment lined baking tray. Aim for roughly 2 Tbsp sized balls and to get around 20 cookies.
- Flatten the cookies with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. When you bring them out the oven they will be very soft in the middle but lightly browned on top.
- Allow them to cool directly on the tray so they can firm up before you move them.
Around The Globe