VEGAN PISTACHIO PANCACES
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup FINELY ground pistachios
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- additional chopped pistachios for topping (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flours and ground pistachios. Add sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- In a seperate medium bowl, beat the egg and egg white together. Add milk and oil and stir.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- If the batter seems too thick… which it probably will… add water by the the Tablespoon to thin batter.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle to medium-high heat and coat with a bit of cooking spray.
- . Cook until top of pancake shows a lot of bubbles. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup, and sprinkle with additional pistachio pieces if desired.
Around The Globe