Vegetable madras curry
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm-piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon madras curry powder
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 400g brushed potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 (300g) small head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Mango chutney, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 8-10 mins or until golden and lightly caramelised.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato, stock, potato and cauliflower. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the peas and baby spinach. Cook for a further 2-3 mins or until heated through and spinach wilts.
- Serve the vegetable curry with steamed basmati rice and mango chutney.
Around The Globe