- Cook Time:40min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 10 g dried mushrooms
- 350 g dried green lentils or 2 tins of cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano
- 250 g ground walnuts
- 250 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian Worcester Sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs whisked
- Cling film for shaping sausages
- Rehydrate mushrooms by soaking them in very hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use the mushroom soaking liquid and water to cook the dried lentils for 25 minutes until soft. Drain and roughly mash the lentils. (If using tinned lentils, drain and then mash)
- Soften onions by gently frying in a pan.
- Add crushed garlic to the softened onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Finely chop the rehydrated mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, add the onion mixture, chopped mushrooms and the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Divide into 12 portions and shape into sausages.
- Wrap each sausage in a piece of cling film large enough to roll out each piece leaving enough for twisting at the ends like a cracker
- Steam for 20 minutes and leave to cool.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours. Remove cling film before frying or cooking on the BBQ for 10 minutes.
Around The Globe