- Cook Time: 20min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, separated, plus 2 additional egg whites
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter, melted, plus softened butter, for serving
- Warm syrup, for serving
- Preheat the waffle iron to the regular setting.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla and 2 egg yolks. Pour over the dry ingredients and very gently stir until halfway combined. Pour in the melted butter and continue mixing very gently until combined.
- In a separate bowl using a whisk (or a mixer), beat the 4 egg whites until stiff. Slowly fold them into the batter, stopping short of mixing them all the way through.
- Scoop the batter into your waffle iron in batches and cook according to its directions (lean toward the waffles being a little deep golden and crisp!). Serve immediately with softened butter and warm syrup.
Around The Globe