- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter – melted
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks with sugar, butter, vanilla and 1 cup milk. Add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Gradually add the other cup of milk and whisk to combine.
- Whip the egg whites and gently fold them into the yolks mixture.
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray both surfaces with cooking spray or grease with oil. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto one side of the iron and close it.
- Bake until the iron’s indicator light shows that cooking is done and the waffles are golden brown and crisp. It’s best to serve them immediately with butter, maple syrup or honey and fruits.