- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) kosher salt
- Zest (outer skin) of one lemon (optional)
- 2 large eggs (100 grams out of shell), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml/grams) flavorless oil (safflower, corn, vegetable, or canola)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml/grams) whole milk plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
1 1/4 cups (165 grams) all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, an 8 inch (20 cm) spring form pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, stir or whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the sugar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- You can serve this cake plain or with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or lightly sweetened yogurt.