Zesty Oven-Baked Chicken
- 3 pounds (1.4kg) chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 tablespoon (12g) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon (12g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use about half as much by volume or the same weight
- 2 teaspoons (8g) smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons (8g) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6g) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 (6g) teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (4g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (4g) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon (4g) mustard powder
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack inside. Dry chicken wings as much as possible by blotting with paper towels. Place wings in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, lemon zest, and mustard powder. Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the wings, tossing to coat evenly. Place wings on the prepared wire rack, leaving a bit of space between each piece for the air to circulate.
- Refrigerate wings, uncovered, at least 8 and up to 24 hours.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Bake the chicken wings for 20 minutes, flip, then continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, about 30 minutes longer, flipping a few more times towards the end
- Serve the wings with the Alabama white sauce and topped with chopped parsley.
© Copyright 12 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved